Nature Reliance Instructors
Founder and Owner Nature Reliance School
Craig Caudill began his outdoor experiences while growing up hunting, fishing, and playing in the woods of Kentucky. For over four decades he has actively pursued experiential knowledge of all things related to wilderness recreation and living.
Due to his love of history he has studied and trained in primitive skills, as well as modern methods to successfully challenge himself in the outdoors. He has been taught Wilderness Safety and Survival and related topics in 10 US states. During the most recent Wildlife Outdoor Conclave he taught Survival and Tracking to students from 13 universities in the Southeasten U.S.
He also taught Wilderness Safety and Survival to Wilderness First Responders (emergency room physicians, medical flight personnel, LEO, medics, firefighters, and more) at the Wilderness First Responders Annual Conference. For 4 years he has been the lead survival instructor for the Department of Defense Military-Teen Adventure Camps (MTAC) in Kentucky.
He regularly teaches corporate, government agencies and the public sector in these methods as a means of safety and team building. He is an avid tracker who has taught various law-enforcement agencies and search-and-rescue team in the science of man-tracking skills. He has been featured on the TV shows Kentucky Afield and Kentucky Life as well as been interviewed on local news segments to share safety and survival skills. He is the author of the book Wilderness Safety and Survival published by Page Street Books and distributed by Macmillin Publishing (soon to be released).
His other written work has been featured in Self-Reliance Illustrated, Wilderness Way, American Frontiersman, and American Survival Guide magazines. He has a very active blog and also guest blogs for Dan’s Depot, Survival Life, Knowledge Weighs Nothing, How To Do Stuff, Family Protection Association, and American Gun Association. He has an active Youtube channel in which he provides education on all things outdoors. Craig is forever a student and therefore continues to train and grow in his own skill set.
The following listing is a portion of the courses he has completed:
- BBA, University of Kentucky
- Level II Naturalist, Kamana Training Program
- Lost Person Behavior, Tennessee Department of Emergency Management
- First Aid Certified, Red Cross, American Heart Association
- Wilderness First Aid, Nature Reliance School (led by guest instructor)
- 80 Hour Survival Training, Earth School
- 80 Hour Tracking Intensive, Earth School and Midwest Native Skills Institute Combo
- 80 Hour Scout Reconnaissance Earth School and Midwest Native Skills Institute Combo
- 60 Hour Level 1 and Level 2 Mantracking, The Scott-Donelan Tracking School
- 40 Hour Level 1 Mantracking, Tyr Group
- 40 Hour Low Elements Challenge Course Certification, Eastern Kentucky University
- 40 Hour High Course Elements Challenge Course Certification, Eastern Kentucky University
- 30 Hour Basic Pistol Defense, Iron Sight Defense
- 30 Advanced Pistol Defense, Iron Sight Defense
- 40 Hour Tactical Survival, Iron Sight Defense
- 30 Hour Team Fighting Course, Iron Sight Defense
- 10 Hour CQB, Iron Sight Defense
- 30 Hour Fighting Pistol, Tactical Response
- Certified Defensive Tactics Instructor, Force Options USA
- 4 Hour Rifle/Pistol Transition Training Performance Edge Training
- 24 Years Training in Judo
- 23 Years Training in Aikido, Certified Shidoin Shinjinkai Martial Arts Society
- 10 Years informal training in Krav Maga