- This event has passed.
NRS Alumni Skills Training Day
February 23 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
This event is a skills training day for NRS Alumni only. NRS instructors Tracy Trimble and Craig Caudill have put up a course with various skills that are learned at NRS for students to be put to the test. There will be various skills to achieve and points awarded for successful completion. Also, points will be taken away when skills are not accomplished in an acceptable manner. We are purposely not telling you what is going on, as it needs to be a surprise to get the full effect of a stress inoculated scenario. With that said here are some things you should come prepared to do:
- You will have the option to work solo or to work in a team (no more than 3). If you are in a team your points will be equally divided among the team members.
- Bring with you what you would normally carry on a day hike. (hint: first aid, land nav, basic survival supplies)
- Make sure you bring a radio and your personal cell phone. This will allow you to take pictures of some things during the event. Not for fun BTW, those pictures will be part of the event :). (if you dont have a radio, and you want to attend, please advise us ASAP, we will have one for you.)
- Cost is a SUGGESTED donation of $20. Not a requirement just a suggestion. If you dont have the $20, please come anyway.
- You can come for the day, or spend the night just for the fun of it. We will have campfire time.
- This is NOT at the Girl Scout camp, address will be given to those that sign up.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have not taken a class such as land nav or tracking, it will serve you well to get in a team that spreads those skills out among you.